Archive Record

Collection Inverclyde Archives: Business and Organisational Records
Catalogue Number BG59/2/36
Object Name Register
Level of description Item
Title Register of Inhibitions and Adjudications 1907
Date 1907
Creator Registers of Scotland
Dates of Creation 1907
Scope & Content Indexed.
Extent of Description 1 item
Admin/Biographical History The Greenock Sheriff Court building opened to the public in November 1869 and was also the jail house until 1910.

The architecture is based on the old Scottish style of the 16th Century. It serves a population of approximately 43,000 people. The Justice of the Peace Court was established in the same building in December 2009
Search Terms Registers of Scotland
Parent ObjectID BG59/2