|Collection||Inverclyde Archives: Ecclesiastical Records|
|Level of description||Fonds|
|Title||Kilmacolm Old Kirk, papers|
|Creator||Kilmacolm Old Kirk|
|Dates of Creation||1894-1949|
|Scope & Content||
Contains correspondence including invoices etc relating to Kirk session, 1894-1949; cash books, 1903-1937, 1940-1949; ledgers, 1938-1948; account book, manse building fund, 1939-1941.
|Extent of Description||0.50m|
Kilmacolm Old Kirk was built in 1830. The parish church of Kilmacolm is on record in the early 13th century, but the dedication to a Colum, not necessarily Colum Cille, indicates a much earlier foundation. The chancel of the 13th-century church serves as the vestry of the present, 19th-century church. The burial-ground was in use until 1902. The South aisle, by J.B. Wilson, Glasgow, was added in 1903 and the church has early 20th-century stained glass windows by C.E. Moira, Norman Macdougall and Horace Wilkinson along with more recent examples by John K. Clark and Lorraine Lamond.
Kilmacolm Old Kirk