Archive Record

Collection Inverclyde Archives: Burgh and Council Records
Catalogue Number LG10
Object Name Fonds
Level of description Fonds
Title Kilmacolm Parish Council, records
Date 1832-1963
Creator Kilmacolm Parish Council
Dates of Creation 1832-1963
Scope & Content Contains applications for poor relief, June 1913-May 1916; Rent rolls, 1907-1963; Kilmacolm Jubilee Celebration Committee Minute Book, 1935; Minute Book, Kilmacolm Parish Library, 1832-63; Register of Borrowings, Kilmacolm Parish Library, 1832-1864; Minute and Accounts Book, Kilmacolm Public Green Committee, 1872-84; Letter book and accounts, 1849-1856; Kilmacolm Junior Literary Society Minute Book, 1892-1899.
Extent of Description 0.32m
Admin/Biographical History Under the Poor Law Act of 1845 a new Parochial Board was elected. Parochial Boards were replaced by Parish Councils in 1895. The duties of the Parish Councils were in turn transferred to town or district councils after the 1929 Local Government (Scotland) Act.

Following the 1929 Local Government (Scotland) Act, Renfrewshire County Council took responsibility for the administration of the County. The large towns of Paisley, Greenock and Port Glasgow were responsible for all local services except education, valuation and electoral registration, which were County responsibilities. The smaller towns of Renfrew, including Inverkip and Kilmacolm were confined to more local matters.
Search Terms Kilmacolm Parish Council
Child Records Inverclyde Archives: Burgh and Council Records
Inverclyde Archives: Burgh and Council Records